What is Medical Malpractice?
Every day hundreds of thousands of people put their lives in the hands of medical professionals to protect or increase their quality of life. Unfortunately, negligence and undertraining can lead to medical errors – and a patient’s life can change in an instant.
This is medical malpractice. The law identifies it as instances where the healthcare provider falls below the applicable standard of care when treating a patient. Standard of care refers to the level of attention and concern that a reasonable healthcare provider in the same or similar circumstances would exercise.
More than 250,000 people in the United States die each year because of medical mistakes. The Journal of the American Medical Association and Johns Hopkins Medicine cite medical errors as the No. 3 cause of death and are often an under-recognized reason for death.
Many patients harmed by doctors or hospitals are reluctant to come forward. But as someone who was wronged by a medical professional, you have the right to hold them accountable for their mistakes. By pursuing a malpractice claim, you may save other patients from suffering similar injuries.
Why Choose Us?
- We have recovered millions in verdicts and settlements for Indiana patients and their families in birth trauma, medical malpractice, and child injury lawsuits.
- We are a boutique, highly individualized practice with a single focus: medical malpractice related cases.
- You will always work with Kelley J. Johnson and her trained, professional legal support team – including a full-time Registered Nurse (RN) who is also a paralegal.
- We have years of experience with medical malpractice claims against healthcare providers and before the Indiana Patient’s Compensation Fund.
- We work with medical experts throughout the country in a variety of specialties.
- You pay no fees until we win your case and get the compensation you’re owed.
- You and your family will always be treated with compassion and care.