Our legal team at the Law Office of Kelley J. Johnson knows how the aftermath of a car accident can be a painful, confusing and anxious time. We use our legal skill, experience and resources to:
- Ease the stress of car accident victims and their families.
- Help them to overcome the challenges they face.
- Pursue all compensation they are due.
It starts with a free consultation. Contact us today if you recently suffered serious injuries or lost a loved one in an auto accident. Although we are based in Indianapolis, we can assist you if your car accident occurred anywhere in Indiana. Personal injury attorney Kelley J. Johnson will review your case, explain your rights and options and discuss how we can help you to get through the recovery process.
Why Get Help from an Indianapolis Car Accident Attorney?
If you have never been involved in a car accident before, you may not know how to file an insurance claim or seek damages through a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. At the same time, you may face expensive medical treatment, loss of income and many other difficulties brought on by your injuries. The situation can quickly become overwhelming. This is where a lawyer can help you.
When you work with the Law Office of Kelley J. Johnson after your car accident:
- You won’t have to deal with the insurance company. We will handle all communications with the insurance company, including presenting a demand for a full and fair settlement of your claim. If an insurance company contacts you, asks for a recorded statement and/or makes a settlement offer, you can simply tell the insurer to call our law firm. Unfortunately, many insurance companies try to take advantage of people who are not represented by a lawyer. You need an advocate in your corner.
- You can concentrate on your recovery. Our legal team includes an attorney with more than 15 years of litigation experience and a skilled and dedicated litigation paralegal and legal assistant. You can focus on getting the medical treatment and rehabilitation you need for your injuries. Meanwhile, we will thoroughly investigate your car crash, review your medical records, consult with experts and prepare your case for settlement negotiations and, if necessary, a trial.
- You won’t be left in the dark about your case. Our law firm handles a limited number of auto accident cases because we want to ensure that every one of our clients receives true personal service. We will work closely with you throughout your case and pursue a result that addresses the specific physical, emotional and financial harm that you have suffered. We will always advise you of any settlement offers that you receive, update you about your case’s progress, return your calls and promptly answer your questions.
- You will pay no upfront costs and fees. We will advance all case-related expenses, and we will not charge you any legal fees unless we secure a settlement or judgment for you. This is known as a contingency fee agreement. If we obtain a financial recovery for you, our legal fee will reflect a percentage of that recovery.
When you talk with us about your car accident in a free consultation, we can address questions you may have about getting your car repaired or replaced and paying your medical bills while your case is pending. We can also discuss how long your car accident case may take and what you can expect at different stages in the process.
What Indiana Car Accident Cases Does Our Lawyer Handle?
Our Indianapolis attorney works with clients throughout Indiana in a wide variety of automobile accident cases. We know how to handle injury cases that involve:
- Speeding accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drowsy (or fatigued) driving accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on crashes
- Side-impact (or T-bone) collisions
- Sideswipe accidents
We assist drivers and passengers in Indiana that have suffered severe, life-changing injuries in car accidents as well as motorcyclists, bicyclists, pedestrians and commercial truck drivers who are struck and injured by negligent motorists.
What Damages Can You Pursue in an Indiana Car Accident Claim?
The Law Office of Kelley J. Johnson understands the devastating harm that people can suffer in auto accidents through no fault of their own. Some of the most common injuries that we see among car accident victims are:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Back and spinal cord damage
- Internal organ injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Emotional harm, including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Our car accident attorney in Indianapolis works hard to hold negligent drivers accountable and seek all compensation that our clients are eligible to receive. In the process, we investigate the cause of the car accident, identify all potentially liable parties and carefully calculate and document our clients’ losses. We also determine all available sources of compensation, including the at-fault party’s insurance coverage and our clients’ own coverage such as uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) insurance.
The amount of damages that we seek on a client’s behalf varies from case to case and depends on many different factors. Those damages may include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost income
- The diminishment of a client’s future earning ability
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Punitive damages (if appropriate)
- Wrongful death damages (if the crash resulted in a loved one’s death).
No two car accidents are the same. They affect people’s lives in unique ways. For this reason, you should not reach any quick conclusions about how much you may recover after a car accident until an experienced personal injury lawyer has carefully reviewed your case first.
Our Indianapolis Car Accident Attorney Is Ready to Help You
Indiana places a limit on how much time you have to file a claim after a car accident. It is called the statute of limitations. You usually have two years from the date of an accident in which to file a personal injury claim and two years from the date of your loved one’s death to file a wrongful death claim. Because of this time limit, you should not delay getting legal help.
Call the Law Office of Kelley J. Johnson today or reach us through our online form. We are ready to provide a timely and free consultation about your case.
For More Information
- Indiana Traffic Crash Statistics, Indiana Criminal Justice Institute
- Auto Insurance, Indiana Department of Insurance
- National Traffic Crash Statistics, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration